Who we are
Pilot Systems is a consulting company which provides integration, customization, and support services on open source and free software. We also offer hosting and training. Our customer includes mostly French companies (SMB, Fortune 500), Public Administrations and NGOs.
While our competences span a wide range of open source softwares and technologies, we are specialized in Python, Zope and Plone.
Pilot Systems care about company networks: we are a founding member of the FNILL, the Fédération Nationale de l'Industrie du Logiciel Libre (the new name for the ASSLL, the French Association of Open Source Software Companies). David Sapiro, founder of Pilot Systems, is also the chairman of IBM Open Source GuideShare Group, which aims to share the understanding and promote Linux and Open Source toward big users of IBM architectures. Most of the staff of Pilot Systems is also member of the Plone Foundation (naturally).
Pilot Systems uses Open Source and Free Software and contributes back by:
- releasing code. We have released several products for Plone: CMFNotification (mail notification), StagingAddOn (versioning and staging), PloneGazette (newsletter), PloneMultiSync (synchonization of sites, multi-site publishing), etc.
- providing free hosting for Zope, Plone, Silva and Zwook sites with Objectis. More than 16.000 sites have been hosted since november 2003. objectis.org is available in 8 languages. Objectis is also the deployment tool of choice of the PloneGov initiative;
- writing documentation in French, such as: release of our Plone Integration Course Training Manual in PDF under CC by-nc-nd license, first content management and Plone integration book in French, under GFDL License (published next September);
- sponsoring the development of open source softwares and conferences; we are sponsoring the '07 Plone Conference in Naples for example.
Among our customers, we are particularly proud to work with:
- CMP-Banque, for which we have developed a Plone-based online banking application. CMP-Banque is the private subsidiary of the Crédit Municipal de Paris, a social bank owned by the City of Paris;
- DGCP (Direction Générale de la Comptabilité Publique), for which we have deployed the new mail system for 60.000 users. The DGCP is a branch of the French Ministry of Finance. This project was done under IBM Global Technology Services supervision and control;
- ÉNA (École Nationale d'Administration), for which we have built a Plone-based intranet. The ÉNA is the post-graduate school where most of senior officials of the French Civil Service are instructed.
Our customers also include: Airbus; the World Bank; Bull; CAF, the regional offices of the French Social Secury system; Centre National de la Danse, the public institution about dance in France; Crédit Municipal de Paris; Educastream, e-learning provider; Fournier Pharma, now Solvay; International Trade Center; cities of Pantin, Saint-Germain en Laye and Sevran (cities near Paris); Ministries of Defense, Education and Finance; Optimitel.
We are located in Paris, France, with co-workers in Rennes and Lyon.Feel free to contact us if you think that we might be able to assist you, via the contact form or by phone (+33 1 44 53 05 55 - France is on CE(S)T, i.e. GMT/UTC+1).
Vous avez un projet, vous avez une application à maintenir, vous recherchez un hébergement ?N'hésitez pas à contacter l'équipe de Pilot Systems, soit directement par téléphone au +33 (0)1 44 53 05 55, soit par fax au +33 (0)1 78 90 10 10, soit en utilisant le formulaire de contact.